Thursday, June 7, 2012

Expert

I'm an expert at
nothing, just an ignorant
unwashed heathen barking
at the moon. I'm just a fool
playing with a hermit's
life in the forest. Feral

as a black magic spell,
I have studied nature,
learned a great deal
about the ways of plants
and animals, and built stories,
stories, the finest magic
of all beings, heart and soul,
mine. Believing and behaving

so as to keep the forests
awake and happy, I sing,
the music pouring into
the soil and sky, spend all my
days making joyful music
and dancing to the chatter
of the leaves, or simply
sitting on a rock, naked,
toes in the moss, utterly radiant.

In other words, Heaven is
where my feet are standing.

2 comments:

  1. Great poetry as always. Don't know how you do it, but whatever you're doing it's working, it's good enough to put in a book, in my opinion.

    If you were ever to do such a thing, I think a combination of poetry and pictures, original photographs and drawings, I think would make a great presentation...and of course an oral recitation via podcast, would be good to do someday as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hey, thanks. I appreciate that. I'd like to publish, but I have no idea how to go about that process. Also, getting poety published is pretty hard, as its a small market. I do intend to start sending individual poems to magazines, though. Might as well give it a shot.

      Delete